Guidance for Teachers
IrishHomework.ie is a one stop shop solution for your core curricular Irish.
All our learning is based on useable spoken Irish.
Because we focus on communicative language first
our students motivation builds from lesson to lesson to deliver much more efficient and satisfying progress.
Our sequence of learning is different to traditional methods but all areas are covered (incl. reading, writing and grammar) and better understood in a living language context.
Why our teachers love us
- Over 90% of the class become fully engaged.
Our solution gets the whole class learning the right kind of Irish. It becomes increasingly enjoyable with steadily improving ability to use the language. Everyone wants to be a part of something that's working.
- Excellent support materials.
IrishHomework.ie changes how Irish is delivered. It becomes about acquisition through active lessons rather than teaching and learning. The materials provided for in class task based practice make this easy and obvious.
- Focused practical lesson plans and integrated Assessment for Learning tools make light work of Irish related admin and prepping.
- Live progress reporting, self and peer assessment aids, delivering language input while capturing output, everything is covered.
- "It's just great that my students can use what their leaning and enjoy it. - Niamh, Kilkenny"
Getting Started with IrishHomework.ie
- Click on the Teacher Sign Up button for a "no obligation - just get going approach".
- If/when you are actively using the platform for a lengthy period then we trust you won't object to making a payment at that stage.
- If you have any queries please ask for a Zoom call. We have plenty of documentation accessible from the Help section on your Teacher Dashboard.
Find the link from your Teacher Dashboard .
- When you finish adding the students in your class by their first names send this link to students and their parents How to get started with IrishHomework.ie.
- Set a lesson from Level 1 for the start of each week.It's critical to start easy (to the left of the carousel) until you have the whole class onboard and using the language freely during practice.
- Students are automatically guided through their first steps when they log in for the first time. We handle all technical queries directly so you don't have to.