IrishHomework.ie is a one stop shop solution for your core curricular Irish.
All our learning is based on useable spoken Irish.
Because we focus on communicative language first
our students motivation builds form lesson to lesson to deliver much more efficient and satisfying progress.
Our sequence of learning is different to traditional methods but all areas are covered and better understood in a living language context.
Distance Learning and In Class Practice
This is best achieved when in class practice consolidates and embeds new language however even as a Distance Learning (only) solution our platform is second to none. Bear in mind that certain features on the platform will only be relevant when you begin to incorporate your in-class practice. When back in class you can get your students to create some Dramaí to put what they have been learning into practice. Then gradually revert to our recommend routine of Learn at Home, Practice in Class as this is critical to succeeding and thus to long term motivation.
Getting Started with Distance Learning Irish
- Watch the Quick Tour walk-through followed by the Getting Started walk-through from our homepage IrishHomework.ie
- Log in to your own account.
- Read the About Us, FAQ and finally our Training pages.
(from your dashboard click on Help -> Training)
The training page is in three sections. You will need to complete the "Using the Platform" section.
The tutorials on this page explain all the main sections of the Teacher Dashboard and the Lesson Pages which is all you need to know to get started.
With your account already created from step 1 & 2, you may have already added some students as per our automated Getting Started walk-through tutorial.
- Finish adding the students in your class. First names only is recommended. (Optional initial to avoid duplication.)
- Send this link to students and their parents How to get started with IrishHomework.ie or just pass them the information from the Parents section below.
- Set a lesson from Level 1 Begin with the easiest on the left, irrespective of which class you are teaching. for the start of each week.
- Students are automatically guided through their first steps when they log in for the first time. We handle all technical queries directly so you don't have to.
- Some features only become active from the second week of use and after the second lesson has been set.
For example: Charts, Wordmaze, Wordcloud, Spelling, Recording Sentences.
Note: the platform does not allow lessons to be set on Fridays.